Going through life without a core purpose is like trying to navigate a boat without a rudder or take a hike without a compass. If you are not careful, you will get lost and struggle to reach your destination. There are many things that can happen to a person that will take them off course. There will be trials and tribulations. There will temptations and distractions. We all need to be grounded in something more important and significant than ourselves to guide us when things get confusing or tough. Every life is meant to have meaning.
I’ve observed that people who live their life without core principles and values become less happy and disenchanted with their lives. No matter how much money they end up having or power and prestige they achieve, it all becomes empty after awhile. Inevitably they find that success can be a double edged sword and you need to careful what you wish for. They also get trapped in their expectations of what should make them happy and get increasingly frustrated when this formula no longer works.
Once you have a sense of core purpose and meaning, life starts to have more clarity. You begin to understand why you exist and what you want to accomplish. You can rightfully gauge your life in terms of impact rather than material rewards. You find emotional reserves and character within yourself you didn’t realize existed.
I don’t claim to know what this core purpose should be for anyone besides me. I certainly have opinions on the topic and feel that at its core life is about making sense of where you fit in the world, the impact you have on other people, and your ability to tap into whatever personal gifts make you unique and special, but each individual needs to figure this out for himself/herself. The sooner you strive to achieve this clarity, the easier and more full of grace your life will be.
- Passion and Purpose! (3dimensionallife.wordpress.com)
- Purpose in Life! (12images.wordpress.com)
- The True Joy In Life (winwinforacause.wordpress.com)
- Live life instead of just trying to survive (onelifetimeblog.com)
- What is your Value to the world?… (stervelim.com)
- Living With A Purpose, Do You Know Why You’re Here? (jessicasimien.com)
- Is purpose something that you can generate or find? [Marja Botha van Doorn] (ecademy.com)
- Two Steps to Finding Your Life Purpose (kerryfitandfabafter40.wordpress.com)
- What’s your true calling?……… (stephenetlim.wordpress.com)
Filed under: Personal, Your Actions, Your Decisions, Your Leadership Role, Your Life | Tagged: character, clarity, core purpose, core values, direction, grace, integrity, life, moral compass, Philosophy, purpose, success, values |