Yusuf Islam formerly Cat Stevens has written some powerful songs through the years. There has been alot of unfair criticism of his religious beliefs. Anyone who has listened to his music knows that he is a thoughtful and peace loving man. In addition at the peak of his fame in the mid 1970s, he left popular music and dedicated himself to building schools for underprivileged youth. It was only within the last decade that he recommenced his music career. His songwriting talent was missed and it’s nice to have him back.
This particular song, “Maybe There’s A World,” is off the excellent album Another Cup. It is a beautiful song and the lyrics speak for themselves. The video intro is in German but it is quite brief. Like all great songs they connect personally but also resonate at a higher level. For those of you who aren’t familiar with his later work I highly encourage you to check it out.
- Yusuf Islam Praises Peaceful Egyptian Protesters With ‘My People’ (spinner.com)
- Your Sunday Hymn: Morning has broken (via Nice Deb) (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Rock Flashback: Cat Stevens And The Fatwa (wcbsfm.radio.com)
- A lovely version of Peace Train with a Zulu twist! by Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) (yilmazalimoglu.com)
- The Beloved (room4truth.com)
- Your Sunday Hymn: Morning has broken (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Song of the Day: “Catch The Wind” by Donovan (edrobinson.wordpress.com)
Filed under: Music, Uncategorized, Your Life | Tagged: belief, Cat Stevens, catstevens, hope, life, Lyrics, Music, Optimism, peace, Popular music, positive, Religion and Spirituality, thoughtful, Yusuf Islam |